COVID-19 Policies & Changes
To our friends and guests of Chapman’s Mille Lacs Resort,
WE ARE OPEN and as resort owners, we take our responsibility to provide you, as our guest, an environment that is clean and safe very seriously. This occurs every year regardless of the surrounding circumstances. We have attempted to analyze all aspects of our operation to install additional procedures that allow you peace of mind that we are doing everything we can to mitigate the spread of the virus.
Things that will not be changing this year are peaceful sunrises, beautiful sunsets, a clean comfortable cabin, nature, fishing, a quiet setting, water sports, small town living, etc.
Below is an outline of what we are doing differently this year (keep in mind we continue to do all regular items, plus those items the state conducts with respect to inspections and such). We will provide another communication to you later if necessary, regarding what we will ask you to do differently-some will be obvious when you read the below:
- We must remain aware of the social distancing requirements (6 ft. apart) being asked of all of us and how those relate to the resort if they are still in place. Spread out while sitting at the campfire or picnic table and socially distance from your neighbor. Please be sure we are not being unsociable, just socially responsible in these regards.
Plus, fishing on the lake is social distancing at its best!
- You will need to bring your own hand sanitizer and disinfectants if you wish to use during your stay as we are unable to purchase large quantities of these items.
- We will be removing all bedspreads. Bed will be made with sheets, 1 light blanket and 2 pillows. Please note that pillows themselves will not be washed between stays. If you want extra blankets and pillows, please bring your own.
- We will be removing all extra bedding for the futon couches and roll-a-ways. Please bring your own.
We have reduced the number of Dinnerware & Silverware items to match the maximum capacity of each cabin. Four in Units 11-14 and Six in Unit 15.
- We always clean our cabins to a high standard, and we hope that is apparent to our guests. We will be implementing additional disinfecting procedures within the cabins specifically to include “touch point” areas such as knobs, handles, switches, pull chains, remotes, etc. to ensure that those are disinfected as well as cleaned.
- MDH recommends removing all unnecessary items. Items removed include:
- Decorative Pillows & Baskets
- Throw Blankets
- Salt & Pepper Shakers (removed but will have on hand if you forget to bring)
- Bedside Alarm Clocks
- Playing Cards, Magazines, Books, Pens, etc.
- As always you need to bring your own toiletries including shampoo & soaps, all paper products, etc. We have always provided a roll of toilet paper and garbage bag to get you started and will continue to do so but please bring extra should you need it.
- Dish soap and indoor use kitchen and bath towels will continue to be supplied.
- We will be disinfecting prior to your arrival, those outside items assigned specifically to your cabin (such as glass tables, chairs, and exterior of the grill). During your stay, you may disinfect these items as you wish. We ask all unrelated guests not to use the exterior items of other cabins unless invited specifically to do so by the cabin occupant.
- We will disinfectant the rented boat and/or pontoon between reservations. Not necessary but you may want to bring your own life jackets if you wish to wear.
- If you are bringing a pet it must be leashed at all times, cleaned up after and cannot be left unattended for any length of time. Please keep pets off of furniture and beds. If your pet is used to being on furniture, please bring blankets or sheets to cover everything.
- We are asking those that have been ill or have shown any symptoms of the virus within 14 days of their arrival to Chapman’s Mille Lacs Resort, not make the trip.
We may not have listed everything we are doing, but as you can see, we are making every attempt to consider how items may impact you during your stay with us. Some cause us to remove or prevent access to previously provided resort amenities during your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but these are necessary per state directive and to further mitigate spread of the virus. We do not believe the above will prevent you from enjoying the resort and the lake to the fullest during your stay with us like you always have. We will alter our operational procedures on an ongoing basis based on directives from the state and the department of health, or as circumstances dictate.
Tim & Tina Chapman
NOTE: We will update as things change – last update May 11, 2020
Cancellations – During this uncertain time of COVID–19 we want to let you know that we will be adhering to our normal 60 day cancellation policy for lodging as we are allowed to accept guests at this time. If you cancel more than 60 days prior to your arrival your deposit is refundable less the $50 office fee per unit reserved. If you cancel less than 60 days prior to arrival your deposit is not refundable.