Mille Lacs Lake Boat & Pontoon Rental
If you want to fish on your own we offer basic fishing boat or pontoon rentals. Rent by the day or half day (when available). There’s fishing, boating, swimming, whatever way you want to enjoy the lake, it’s up to you. Boat or pontoon rentals are available to those staying at the resort, staying elsewhere or just coming up for the day.
16 ft. Sylvan aluminum fishing boat
- 25 hp Mercury 4 stroke w/electric start & power trim
- Fish/Depth finder
- Live well
- Includes anchor, net, life jackets
- 1 free tank of gas per day
- Maximum capacity – 3-4 people regardless of size/age
- Pet Policy – Sorry, pets are no longer allowed on the boat unless you are staying at the resort
- There is no trolling motor. If you bring your own transom mount trolling motor you MUST also bring your own battery.
16 ft. Boat Rental Rates:
Resort Guests – $95 per day or $395/week + tax.
Non-Guests (not staying with us) – $100 for 4 hours or $150 for the day + tax. Damage deposit required. Rental Hours 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
20 ft. Ercoa Pontoon
- 30 hp Mercury 4 stroke w/electric start & power trim/tilt
- Bimini Top
- Fish/Depth Finder
- Includes anchor, net, 8 life jackets
- Swim Ladder
- 1 free tank of gas per day
- Maximum capacity – 6 people regardless of size/age.
- Pet Policy – Sorry, pets are no longer allowed on the pontoon unless you are staying at the resort.
Pontoon Rental Rates:
Resort Guests – $179 per day with consecutive day rental discounts available.
Non-Guests (not staying with us) – $199 per day or $150 for 4 hours + tax. Damage deposit required.
Weekends require full day rental unless last minute availability. Rental Hours 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Sorry, no night time rental, daylight hours only!
- Boat must be returned to the resort every day. You may not keep overnight on multiple day rentals.
- Overloading boat or operating boat while impaired, or possession of contraband is strictly forbidden.
- NO water skiing, tubing or towing of anything is allowed.
- DO NOT pull the boat ashore anywhere except in case of emergency.
- Renter/boat operator must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
- Renters are responsible for any & all damages to boat/pontoon and/or motor. You will be required to sign a rental agreement.
- All children less than 10 years old are required by MN law to wear their life jacket. Our life jackets are adult sizes but we do have a couple wearables for smaller children.
- Absolutely NO charcoal grills allowed on pontoon, small gas grill only.
- Once the boat leaves the dock, you are responsible for your entire rental period. If you discover an issue with your boat, you must let us know immediately. Discounts will not be given for raising issues after you have returned from your reservation.
- Fishing Line in Prop – May not seem like a big deal but it can damage the seals and also takes a good hour to pull the pontoon out and remove the prop to make sure all the line has been removed. You will be charged $50 if there is fishing line in the prop.
Boat & Pontoon Rental Policies:
Daily Rental Times– Guests not staying at the resort may Pick-up after 8:00 AM; Return NO LATER than 6:00 PM or One (1) Hour before sunset, whichever comes first. No refunds will be made for later arrivals or earlier departures.
Deposit – A $100 deposit is required to reserve the boat or pontoon for a full day and 100% is required for 4 hours. We need a major credit card to reserve the boat (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).
Damage Deposits and Liability – We will charge $150 for the boat and $500 for the pontoon on a credit card. (We don’t recommend using a debit card because this transaction places a hold on the money for up to 10 days). The person’s credit card used for the damage deposit will be responsible for all damages. The cardholder will be required to sign all forms associated with renting the boat/pontoon. The cardholder is fully liable for any and all damages that occurs while the boat/pontoon is in their possession. If there are no damages incurred during your rental, the deposit will be released after inspection of the boat/pontoon.
Cancellations – Customer will forfeit the deposit if cancellation occurs less than 7 days prior to reservation date. If you cancel with more than the above required notice, your advanced deposits received will be refunded less a $50.00 handling charge per boat reserved. If cancelled less than 72 hours prior, you will be billed for the entire rental amount unless we are able to re-rent the boat/pontoon.
Weather Cancellations – Advanced deposits are 100% refundable if cancelled by Chapman’s Mille Lacs Resort due to wind, weather, etc. No rental charge refunds will be made for any reason once the boat leaves the dock.
Late Returns – You will be subject to a minimum of $100 for late returns.
Cleaning Charge – A $50.00 cleaning charge applies to any boat not returned in a clean and orderly condition.
Gasoline – 1 tank of gas is included with your boat/pontoon rental. Do not fill gas anywhere except with us and you are charged for 6 gallons of gas. It is your responsibility to watch your gas level, if you run out and we have to bring it out to you, you will be charged a minimum of $25 + the cost of another tank of gas.
All rates subject to State and Local Sales Tax & subject to change without notice.